How to combat dry skin this winter
The scarves are out, the gloves are ready, the coats are multiplying - but have you thought about protecting your skin from dryness?
When temperatures drop, the moisture in the air decreases and our skin certainly notices. This means we need to rethink our skin regimen for the winter. How?
- Moisturize. It's obvious, but essential so we can't not mention this one. Just make sure to choose a product that really suits your skin and will provide you with much needed moisture throughout the day.
- Hand cream. It's worthwhile applying hand cream after you wash your hands. Yes, every time! Keep a small travel tube in your handbag when you're on the go.
- Avoid super hot water. Winter comes and we're telling you to avoid hot showers? Showering in scalding temperatures really dries out the skin by removing natural oils.
- Humidifier. If you're really suffering, a humidifier will help keep your skin hydrated.
- Shave your legs less. Who wants dry scaly legs? Keep the pants on and your legs protected.
- Increase your intake of healthy fats. Ditch the potato chips, we mean olive oil, oily fishes, walnuts and avocado. Avoiding caffeine and alcohol helps too.
- Look after your scars. Last but not least, all skin suffers in this weather but especially your scars. Dry skin makes your scar look and feel worse, and prevents it from healing. Use a scar cream like Kelosoft to keep your scars moist and, most importantly, to fade them!